I promised you quick – tonight, I’m going to give you quick.
(So quick that I don’t have pictures to share, but I think you’ll get the idea…)
Asparagus is coming in this time of year, so I’ll make any excuse to grab it. After a weekend glued to the couch watching hoop, a healthy meal was in order. So…
- Get a couple of good tuna steaks.
- Marinate them for around 20 minutes or so in soy-ginger salad dressing of some kind in the fridge.
- Heat a little olive oil in a skillet over high heat.
- When pan is hot, drop in the steaks. Sear for 3 minutes on a side. (Longer if you like it less rare.) Transfer to cutting board.
- Slice thinly into pieces. Top with salt and pepper.
- Cut the very bottom of the stalks, then slice the rest on a 45 degree angle, making pieces about an inch and a half long.
- Take about a 1/2 tbsp. crystallized ginger and chop the pieces as best you can.
- Melt about a tablespoon of butter and a little olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add a couple of cloves of minced garlic. Sauté asparagus pieces and ginger until asparagus pieces are crisp-tender.
- Top with salt and pepper.
Easy, easy, easy.